$259.99 – $289.99
The Black Diamond 8.5 is the perfect rope where the configuration of the route needs two ropes such as some routes of rock and ice climbing. Ideal rope for glacier travel.
Designed to be used as half ropes or in a twin configuration, the 8.5 is an ideal rope for alpinism on glacier or rock and ice climbing where the configuration needs two ropes. The sheath’s 2X2 weave construction increases the 8.5’s lifespan, while the middle marker is easily identifiable for rappels.
- Dry Performance—With a core and sheath that are dry treated, our dry treated ropes are protected against weather from the inside out
- 2X2 Woven Sheath—Utilizing a 2X2 weave construction, our standard sheath is built to withstand everyday use
- Half/twin ropes must be used in pairs. Do not use as a single rope
- Rope Type : Half/Twin
- UIAA Factor Falls : 10 [Half] 17 [Twin]
- Weight Per Meter : 46 g (1.62 oz)
- Static Elongation : 7% [Half and Twin]
- Dynamic Elongation : 35% [Half] 33% [Twin]
- Impact Force : 5 kN [Half] 7.7 [Twin]
- Sheath : Dry 2X2 Woven SheathSheath
- Slippage : 0.1%
- Half Mark : Yes