- Have a recognized basic accreditation of a climbing centre or top-rope autonomy training of a recognized climbing school
- Be a member of the FQME
- be 16 years-old (to animate under the responsibility of a major instructor)
- To be 17 years-old (to supervise alone)
- To have a minimum of 6 months climbing experience or mastering belaying and the figure eight tie-in knot and knowledge of equipment and basic techniques
- Have completed first aid / CPR training
- Have, for the purposes of training, the basic equipment which complies with current standards
The certification allows the candidate to
- Supervise top-rope rock climbing activities on “school crag”
- Master the minimum animation techniques for the safety of group or individual top-rope activities
- Assist a top-rope instructor in the supervision of a group (tope-rope initiation)
- Ensure an optimal supervision regarding the fact that the participants have generally no experience with the activity.
- This certification does not allow the candidate to teach climbing courses with the objective of training participants to be independent climbers.
- “School crags” are subject to specific criteria of which the details can be found in the security guides.
- Level: beginners
- Duration: 24 hours
- *Price: $320